Service Point Meter History Change Handler Triggers Base Error Message in CCB v.2.2.0
Last updated on JULY 10, 2010
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version: 2.2.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On a CCB v.2.2.0 environment having a Microsoft Windows XP OS with an Oracle 11g database, the Service Point Meter History Change Handler triggers a base error message.
The change handler is called when completing the FA which removes an old meter and installs a new one. FA completion is done on the FA Upload Staging page. If the change handler is deleted, FA Upload Staging can successfully be completed.
If the file exists, even when the code is commented out, the base error message is still raised when completing the FA Upload Staging.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
Add a Custom Change Handler for Service Point Meter History like com.splwg.cm.domain.meterread.servicePointMeterHistory.ServicePointMeterHistory_CHandler. It may have any code in handleChange () method.
2. Add a custom program for field activity completion algorithm spot like com.splwg.cm.domain.admin.fieldActivityType.CmExchgOldMeterFaCompletionAlgComp_Impl. This algorithm should retire the meter being removed.
3. Add the Algorithm type ‘CM-RETIREMTR’ for Algorithm Entity ‘Field Activity Type – FA Completion Method’
4. Add an Algorithm for Algorithm type ‘CM-RETIREMTR’
5. From Admin->Field Activity Type->FA Completion Control, associate the Algorithm to Field Activity Type ‘M-EXCHAN’.
Create a field activity of type ‘M-EXCHAN’
7. Create an FA Upload Staging record for the field activity. Specify the meter being removed and the meter being installed.
8. Complete the field activity. Error occurs:
"The meter (ID 1466602319) retired on 07-01-2008. A retired meter in not allowed to be installed."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms