Mix of Pin Virtual Time and System Time in BRM Logs
(Doc ID 780187.1)
Last updated on MARCH 04, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), when pin_virtual_time is used, some BRM components (like pin_rerate and dm_oracle) use the virtual time in their logs while others (like connection manager (CM)) use system time.
This makes it difficult to correlate logs across different components.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Enabled the pin_virtual_time entry in both cm and dm_oracle’s pin.conf files
2. Create an account
3. Run some usage on the account
4. Change the pin_virtual_time to a later date/time
5. Perform billing on the same account
7. Verify the cm.pinlog, dm_oracle.pinlog for the timestamp used
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document