Mix of Pin Virtual Time and System Time in BRM Logs
(Doc ID 780187.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 21, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
On all versions of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management (BRM), when pin_virtual_time is used, some BRM components (like pin_rerate and dm_oracle) use the virtual time in their logs while others (like connection manager (CM)) use system time.
This makes it difficult to correlate logs across different components.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Enabled the pin_virtual_time entry in both cm and dm_oracle’s pin.conf files
2. Create an account
3. Run some usage on the account
4. Change the pin_virtual_time to a later date/time
5. Perform billing on the same account
7. Verify the cm.pinlog, dm_oracle.pinlog for the timestamp used
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!