Incorrect Prorated Refund
Last updated on MARCH 24, 2009
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.0
This problem can occur on any platform.
Incorrect prorated refund with proration from a two months charge.
Steps To Reproduce (Date in dd/mm/yyyy format):
1. On 8/07/2008 customer was subscribed to an inactive product with a cycle_forward_monthly rate of $40830 (make DOM = 1)
2. On 9/01/2008, run pin_bill_day and no charge for this customer.
3. On 09/03/2008 active the product and set the cycle_start date to 8/1/2008 (back dated).
4. On 10/01/2008, run pin_bill_day and a total charge of $122,490.00 was generated, out of which $81,660.00 were prorate charges for the months of August and September and $40,830.00 was cycle forward charge for October.
5. On 10/31/2008, set product end_date to 9/1/2008.
6. On 11/01/2008, run pin_bill_day.
Since the product was only subscribed for a period of one (1) month (August), the total prorate charges for the amount of September and October to be returned to the customer should be a total of $81660.
The total refund was $80990.66. The reason for this is because it is using scale 0.98360655737704918032786885245902 instead of 1.0 to calculate the refund for September charge.
The scale comes from month of August (31 days) and September (30 days):
30/61 * 2 = 0.98360655737704918032786885245902
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms