Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 04-Dec-2012
***Check for Relevance on 4th June 2014 ***
***Checked for relevance on 12-Nov-2015***
1. How to set-up High Availability of a BRM System?
2. Will the performance of system be impacted, if using CMMP configuration?
3. Will CMMP automatically pick other CM if one of CM in list fails?
4. How to manage fail-over mechanism, if Primary CMMP is not available then direct to secondary CMMP?
5. Which option out of the two is advisable from Oracle BRM and from user's experience:
- Have multiple CM ptr entries in the application's Infranet.properties or pin.conf file? (having multiple CMs but applications pointing own CM)
- Have multiple CMMP ptr entries in the applications Infranet.properties or pin.conf file?
6. If the application is a custom java application/MTA application, and having multiple CM poiter
entries in the application's Infranet.properties or pin.conf file, then how the application automatically picks other CM if one of CM in the list fails?
As per documentation, it is stated that "The CMMP does not validate whether the CMs it points
to are running. If the CMMP sends a transaction to a nonfunctioning CM, the client can tell that the CM is offline, and tries to connect to a different CM or CMMP"
If that is case then will the following functions automatically handle that?
ctx.connect(); // Connection is made
7. How to manage fail-over mechanism if Primary CMMP is not available then direct to secondary
CMMP? Any recommended software for managing clusters on HP-UNIX superdome machine.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms