Sharing Group Opcode Does Not Support Pin_elemid_assign
(Doc ID 788433.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The opcode PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_SHARING_GROUP_MODIFY errors out if one sends in a PIN_FLD_MEMBERS array with element IDs set to PIN_ELEMID_ASSIGN. This seems to imply that any code (client or FM) that wants to add new members to the sharing group must do the following to ensure data integrity:
(1) Lock the account that owns the sharing group to ensure that multiple requestors are not using the same group member elements to add new members.
(2) Read the entire member list of the group object and walk it in the custom code to find the maximum element ID in the members list.
(3) Call the MODIFY opcode to add members, starting with the next higher element ID for the first member to add.
Is there a better way to determine the maximum element ID without doing a READ_FLDS of the entire member array? Why is PIN_ELEMID_ASSIGN not supported since that would be much more efficient from a client code standpoint?
Steps To Reproduce
(1) Create discount sharing group owned by account A.
(2) Attempt to account account B to discount sharing group with PIN_FLD_MEMBERS element PIN_ELEMID_ASSIGN ('[assign]" in testnap).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document