Pipeline Incorrectly Modifies Unrated Quantity Value
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 126.96.36.199.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Realtime discounting modifies unrated quantity value for no apparent reason, allowing user to use service which he has no resources for. Rating engine correctly determines service allowance for the user.
Later, there are two discounts passed to the pipeline:
- one that is permanently turned off (trigger condition 1 < 0)
- one that should only give an user a technical resource token (should not change rated quantity)
Effect is that on production system we have an account can generate any mount of gsm traffic for free.
Steps To Reproduce
1. Create a Discount which gives 10% off for every usage for /service/telco
2. Create a product with service /service/telco
Realtime session event rated 1E / min.
Set Maximum quantity as 300.
3. Create a deal and plan with this product and discount.
Set credit limit 0.
4. Create an account with current balance adjusted to 10E
5. Call PCM_OP_TCF_AAA_AUTHORIZE with qty 600 .
Make sure loglevel is set to 3 in cm's pin.conf.
6. PCM_OP_RATE_DISCOUNT_EVENT input recieves UNRATED_QUANTITY set to 300.
7. PCM_OP_RATE_DISCOUNT_EVENT output overwrites the UNRATED_QUANTITY to 0.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms