Duplicate Transaction Check In ReSA (Retail Sales Audit) Not Happening Correctly
(Doc ID 797154.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 05, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Sales Audit - Version 12.0.8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
checked for relevance on 7 OCT 2010
Checked for relevance 12-Sep-2012
When saimptlogi program aborts or errors out while loading an RTLOG for a store day, the transaction numbers are still written to the tdup file. tdup files are used by ReSA to keep track of duplicate transactions. However, since the program aborted, the database changes are rolled back and the transactions are not loaded into the ReSA tables (SA_TRAN_HEAD, SA_TRAN_*).
Also, even after deleting the store day, the number of files loaded value doesn't get reset to zero. This needs to be reset because this can cause confusion to business users since no. of expected files will then never match the no. of loaded files.
1. When deleting the store day and reload the rtlogs, the duplicate transaction error (DUP_TRAN) doesn't come.
2. The no. of rtlog files loaded is reset to zero everytime the store day is deleted from ReSA frontend.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create Store Day (sastdycr)
2. Run sagetref batch
3. Import rtlogs to ReSA using saimptlogi
4. run saimptlogfin to change the status to partially loaded
5. Log in to ReSA (RMS)
6. Sales Audit
7. Store Day close Audit
8. Query the store day -> Options -> Store day summary
9. Options -> Delete Store Day
10. See the various values getting reset except number of files loaded. This needs to get back to zero
11. OK. Come out of store day summary
12. Try importing rtlogs through saimptlogi
13. Find two errors in SA_ERROR a. RECORDS_REJECTED b. TERM_MARKER_NO_ERROR
14. Go to error folder on saimptlogi. We find the following error for every transaction in the
'saimptlogi_1~20081127124516~getNextTran~~103~RET-0103: generic function processing
on THEAD record at line 0000000002 in rtlog/241108/RTLOG_02001_20081124173847.DAT'
This error doesn't make sense even if the system option is enabled for checking duplicate/missing transactions. This is because those transactions actually no longer exist in ReSA.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!