'Connection to the Server is Unavailable' Error Loading Large FEM Hierarchy via WebADI Spreadsheet
(Doc ID 802723.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Performance Foundation - Version 12.0.0 to 12.0.6 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Enterprise Performance Foundation Administrator (FEM), Release 12, the WebADI "Create from Spreadsheet" Hierarchy loader gets the following error when you try to upload a spreadsheet that contains a large quantity of rows (over 1,000):
The connection to the server is unavailable.
Please contact your support representative.
This error also occurs if you have only populated a few rows but have over 1,000 blank rows inserted into the WebADI spreadsheet. If you select the load all rows option, the error occurs. If you select the load flagged rows option, the load is successful.
Instead of the "connection to the server is unavailable" error, you are are expecting to receive an error that indicates which dimension members in the spreadsheet do not currently exist in Enterprise Performance Foundation (FEM). For example: "Test XYZ" is an invalid value for "Child Member".
Steps To Reproduce:
- Go to the Enterprise Performance Foundation Administrator responsibility
- Go to Configuration Rules > Dimension > Hierarchy
- Select the appropriate dimension using Switch Dimension
- Click on Create from Spreadsheet
- Unprotect the worksheet and insert several thousand rows
- Populate the WebADI spreadsheet with the hierarchy information
- Select Oracle > Upload to launch the spreadsheet load
- Select "All rows" to upload
The "The connection to the server is unavailable." error occurs after a few minutes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document