Change Of Billing Day During Delayed Billing
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.1 - Release: 7.3.1 to 7.3.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 04-Apr-2012***
The change of billing day during the delayed billing period takes into effect in the same billing cycle.
Consider an example:
For a customer with billing cycle from Feb 14 to Mar 14, the grant resource validity is from Feb 14 to Mar 14. If partial billing is executed on Mar 14, the validity period for the new resource is from Mar 14 to Apr 14. (Delayed interval is Mar 14 to Mar 19).
On Mar 18, in the delayed billing period the billing day is changed from 14th to 20th. The change of bill cycle happens on the delayed billing interval for the bill cycle of Mar14 to Apr 14. The expectation is the change of billing day should take effect for the cycle Apr 14 to May 14 (the modified billing cycle should be Apr14 to May20)
However, after running billing on Mar 19th after the delayed billing interval, the new billing cycle is set as Mar 14 to Apr 19. Actually it has to be Mar 14 to Apr 14 or at least the resource validity period should change.
Steps to reproduce:
- Set billing delay as 5 days
- Create a product with CF event and having non currency resource, validity start immediately and end after 1 billing cycle.
- Create account with DOM 14th on 2/14 with created plan (Granted resource cycle 2/14 - 3/14)
- Move pvt to 3/14 - run partial billing i.e pin_bill_accts for the account
- Verify new resource validity is set to 3/14 - 4/14
- Move pvt to 3/18 (within delay interval) - change account DOM from 14 to 20 (CC -> Payments tab -> Billing Cycle & Tax Setup -> Billing Cycle)
- Run billing for the account after delay interval say 3/19
- Verify account billing period and grant resource validity to confirm behavior.
Check the billing cycle, change in the billing cycle is getting reflected immediately in the current month. At least the resource validity end date should change, but that is also not happening.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms