In CCB Credit Balances Not Refunded In Write Off When On An Overpayment Sa
(Doc ID 818383.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 22, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing - Version: 2.0.5 to 2.3.0 - Release: 2.0 to 2.3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On CCB v.2.0.5, running on an IBM SP AIX environment with a 10g Oaracle database, after a final
bill, where all the credit for the account appears on an overpayment SA, an adjustment is not
created for the credit amount.
SRAG-1150 - Bug No 6100812 provides a suggested solution to this problem.
This solution works in one scenario, ie when the overpayment exists prior to the final bill and
the final bill is less than the credit amount.
The following scenarios still have an issue with refunding the credit amount:
- credit balances on SAs. No refund created as the overpayment SA is not the only one with a
credit amount. These balances are transferred from the SAs to the overpayment SA at write off
resulting in all credit on the overpayment SA.
- overpayment on the final bill, ie does not go through the bill completion algorithm to
create the refund.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create an account.
2. Bill the account.
3. Overpay the bill to create an overpayment SA (a large value to ensure enough credit on the SA
for the next bill).
4. Final bill the account.
5. This process will create the refund adjustment.
6. Cancel the adjustment.
7. Cancel the final bill.
8. Modify the readings for the final bill to a lower value - to ensure that the replacement bill
is less than the previous bill.
9. Final bill the account.
10.The refund adjustment is not created.
11.Run WPM - all the credit is transferred to the overpayment SA and the refund adjustment is not
-- Business Impact:
Customers not being correctly reimbursed for overpayment.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document