ORA-12899: Value Too Large For Column "Synergen"."Sa_job_manager_log"."Status"
(Doc ID 831976.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Utilities Work and Asset Management - Version 184.108.40.206 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The COST ASSET Job fails with the following error if the ALLOCATE COSTS TO ASSETS option of the WORK ORDER PROCESSING Business Rule set to OFF when there are records which need to be processed:
Error in Insert into sa_job_manager_log ORA-12899: value too large for column
"SYNERGEN"."SA_JOB_MANAGER_LOG"."STATUS" (actual: 38, maximum: 30)
Under these circumstances, the COST_ASSET job attempts to return the following message:
'ALLOCATE COSTS TO ASSETS is set to OFF'
However the STATUS column in SA_JOB_MANAGER_LOG (which is where the error message is written to) has a length of only 30 characters.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
1. Create a Work Order.
2. Add Assets to the Work Order Task Asset List.
3. Activate the Work Order.
4. Incur some costs against the Work Order (for example create a Timesheet that references the Work Order and Post it).
5. Finish the Work Order Task.
6. Run Batch to finish the WO Header.
7. Set the ALLOCATE COSTS TO ASSETS option of the WORK ORDER PROCESSING Business Rule set to OFF.
8. Make sure the COST ASSET job in the Batch Job Control Business Rule is set to YES.
9. CLOSE the Work Order.
10. Run Batch.
11. Check the Job Manager Log for the Cost Asset Job. It fails with the error 'ORA-12899: value too
large for column "SYNERGEN"."SA_JOB_MANAGER_LOG"."STATUS" (actual: 38, maximum: 30)'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document