Incorrect Amount Of Recurring Product With End Date On Next Cycle (Doc ID 832515.1)
Last updated on JUNE 22, 2017
Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 126.96.36.199.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Have a recurring (cycle forward) product configured to do a full refund once it is cancelled within the first 31 days after purchased. See attached recurring.ipl for product configuration. Our business process can also, specify the end date for this product during purchase. This is done on Customer Center or opcode during pruchase. This product configuration works well when purchased from the start of the billing cycle to 31 days before billing cycle end date. Also, this product has been provided with end date ending on the middle of the next billing cycle. The problem occurs when the recurring product is purchased from 31 days or less from billing cycle end date with a product end date ending in the middle of the next billing cycle. The first prorated charge from product purchase to billing end date is correct which can be seen from the event cycle fee event. However, during the bill of the next cycle or on the billing cycle end date, the event cycle fee event has zero amount which is incorrect. This should have a pro-rated cycle fee charge from the start of the billing cycle to the product end date on that billing period.
2. Middle of billing cycle. purchase recurring product 30 days or less before billing cycle end date and specify end date 2.end
2.end End date of product purchased at 2.
a. Prorated charge from 2. to 1.b
3. End of next billing cycle
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Pin_virtual_time(pvt) = Jun,09 Created account ( Account has quarterly billing cycle)
2. Pvt = Aug,25 Purchased a deal ( similar to the deal in priceplan.ipl) setting cycle end date as Nov,25
3. Pvt = Sep,09 Ran billing for this account ---------- Account is prorated and charged from Aug,25 to Sep,09 ---------- No charge are applied from Sep,09 to Nov,25 Expected: Prorated amount from start of bill period to end date of the product
4. Pvt = Dec,09 Ran billing for this account --------- Bill is generated for period Sep,09 to Dec,09 with zero amount (As product validity is ended by Nov,25 hence no cycle fees are applied)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms