Real Time Tax Is Not Calculated When Non Currency Resource Is Positive
Last updated on AUGUST 14, 2012
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
**Checked for relevance on 17-FEB-2011***
**Checked for relevance on 14-Aug-2012***
During real-time rating, real-time TAX is not charged although it is specified by rating. This problem may particularly arise in following cases :
- only for accounts having discounts defined for the same service as event for which TAX is not charged
- AND only when account has non currency resource with amount >0 (positive value)
In the cm pinlog generated for the rating, one can see PIN_FLD_RATING_STATUS field has value 24. (CREDIT_LIMIT_EXCEEDED = 24)
Below is a sample scenario where this issue could be seen :
1. an account exists with some custom resources say r1 and r2 and r3 (all negative balances)
2. /service/telco/gsm/telephony is subscribed on the account
3. event time tax is attached to real-time session event
4. a rate plan charging 0.0833 EUR per minute, for example
5. discount object for the real time session event, based on one of the resources (say r3 ).
6. due to some operation , a custom resource(say r2) balance is now showing positive. Maybe an adjustment is made to make it positive.
7. rated a session for 60 seconds using stop-accounting opcode (4007).
Result: Tax is not applied and rating status shows 24. Balance impact is 0.0833EUR ( without tax )
1. For the custom resource in question, change credit limit to Unlimited (from customer center, earlier it was zero)
2. Rate a session now using opcode 4007.
Result: Tax is now applied well. Balance impact is 0.0833 plus tax.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms