Real Time Tax Not Calculated when Non Currency Resource Is Positive
(Doc ID 838390.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
During real-time rating, real-time TAX is not charged although it is specified by rating.
This problem may particularly arise in following cases :
- only for accounts having discounts defined for the same service as event for which TAX is not charged
- AND only when account has non currency resource with amount >0 (positive value)
In the cm pinlog, one can see PIN_FLD_RATING_STATUS field has value 24 (CREDIT_LIMIT_EXCEEDED = 24).
Below is a sample scenario where this issue could be seen:
1. An account exists with some custom resources say r1 and r2 and r3 (all negative balances).
2. The /service/telco/gsm/telephony is subscribed on the account.
3. The event time tax is attached to real-time session event.
4. A rate plan charging 0.0833 EUR per minute, for example.
5. The discount object for the real time session event is based on one of the resources (say r3).
6. A custom resource(say r2) balance is now showing positive due to some operation.
Maybe an adjustment is made to make it positive.
7. Rated a session for 60 seconds using stop-accounting opcode (4007).
Result: Tax is not applied and rating status shows 24.
Balance impact is 0.0833EUR ( without tax )
1. For the custom resource in question, change credit limit to Unlimited (from customer center, earlier it was zero).
2. Rate a session now using opcode 4007.
Result: Tax is now applied well.
Balance impact is 0.0833 plus tax.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document