Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 12th March 2011
Checked for relevance on 12th May 2013
Detailed Problem Statement:
Configuring a validity period in Cycles for the cycle end date of a product contained in a deal, at purchase time the validity period is not applied as stated in the documentation.
More in detail in the Pricing Center help in the "Deal specification dialog box for products" it is stated that
<If you select Cycles, the cycle in which the product or fee period is activated is counted. For example, if a purchase period is activated on June 20 and ends in three cycles, the cycles include June, July, and August; the product expires at the end of August 31.>
But in the test the product expiration does not happen on 31 of august but the 20 of September. it means that the validity period is not three cycles but 3 months.
Steps to Reproduce:
- DOM is 1 for all accounts
- Create a product with the monthly cycle fee event and a balance impact of 10€
- Create a deal adding the product and in the Cycle box of the "Deal Specification" form uncheck the "never" check box of the End. Select the "Cycles" unit with 3 as offset.
- Commit to BRM database
- Go to the Customer Center and purchase this deal for an account
- Check the cycle_end date of the purchased product. It is 3 months after the purchase date instead of 3 cycles such as stated in the documentation.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms