Pipeline Interconnect Rating : How To Apply Different Rates Based On Point Of Interconnect (POI)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 26, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 20-Dec-2011***
Checked for relevance on 06-May-2015.
There is a requirement to apply different rate based on Point of Interconnect (POI).
For example, when a Service Provider1 Delhi customer calls a Service Provider2 Bangalore customer, there are 2 scenarios possible:
1. Service Provider1 Delhi hands over the call to Service Provider2 Delhi, and then Service Provider2 Delhi hands over to Service Provider2 Bangalore.
In this case, users want to apply the Near-End Rate, as the POI is Delhi (area code 011).
2. Service Provider1 Delhi hands over the call to Service Provider1 Bangalore, and then Service Provider1 Bangalore hands over to Service Provider2 Bangalore.
In this case, users want to apply the Far-End Rate, as the POI is Bangalore (area code 080).
This POI area code can be used in a zone model to perform zone-based rating of interconnection events. Therefore, depending on the POI code, users can define a different zone and apply a different impact category and hence different rateplan configuration, for each POI.
Please clarify the configuration aspect to achieve this:
1. Area code of POI location is written to which field of the container?
2. Where can we enter the POI area code when defining the standard zone?
3. How does FCT_CarrierICRating read/interpret the POI area code?
4. How does FCT_PreRating select a zone based on POI area code?
Also, what configuration need to be done in Pricing Center so that POI area code can be used in a zone model to perform zone-based rating?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms