Field Update and Invalid Data Update Problems in Payment Method
(Doc ID 859125.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 25, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 7.3.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 08-Nov-2012***
For a Credit Card Payment method:
1) Invalid data update to the Payment Method is accepted but then the payinfo cannot be updated again.
2) Updating all of the inherited fields of a substructure updates none of them, while updating one less than all the fields updates everything correctly.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create an account with a valid credit card.
2. Manage the Payment Method to update all the fields including country.
Expected Result: Fields are all updated in the object.
Actual Result: Object gets new revision but no fields are actually updated.
3. Manage the Payment Method and set the card number to "123456" (invalid card number).
Expected Result: Validation error.
Actual Result: Data is written to the database, with the side effect that the payment method is corrupted beyond fixing.
4. Try to Manage the Payment Method again - nothing happens (dialog is not displayed).
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document