Unable To Trigger Product Cancel Event Discount When Charge Is 0
(Doc ID 859522.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 17-Dec-2011***
***Checked for relevance on 26-Aug-2019***
A discount is tied to a product cancel fee event. A corresponding product which triggers the discount is configured with a zero charge product cancel fee event.
Upon termination of the product, the discount was not triggered.
Steps To Reproduce
1. A product is created with a resource bucket to capture contract months.
2. The initial total months is debited into the customer account using product purchase fee event.
3. A monthly cycle forward fee event is then used to deduct 1 month for each month that the customer is on the contract.
4. A product cancel fee event is then configured to trigger the discount with a zero charge.
5. A corresponding discount object is then created and tied to the product cancel event. The discount rule is configured to charge the customer the amount left in the resource bucket
multiplied by 50 (the subscription fees).
6. A customer account is created and the product is purchased.
7. The account is then terminated.
8. The discount is not triggered, and the cancellation charges remain at 0.
9. When the cancel fee charge is changed to scaled 1 at product level, the discount is triggered.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document