Promotion Cancellation/Deletion In RPM Create Incorrect Data Updates in Backoffice
Last updated on APRIL 22, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Back Office - Version 12.0 to 13.1 [Release 12.0 to 13.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 01-Nov-2013***
The MOM file generated as a result of approving a price event and then putting it back into worksheet status, has a change type ADD followed by change type DEL in the same 'PricingExtract.xml' file. When this file is consumed by the Back Office DIMP process the DELETE is handled first and the ADD later resulting in a price discrepancy between RMS (Retail Merchandising System) and POS (Point Of Service).
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create Promotion
2. Create Promotion Component -> Component1 (item1)
3. Approve Promotion Component1
4. Delete Promotion Component1
Create XML & JAR file to send to Backoffice.
1. Create sales transaction in POS , for item1 -> the item used Promotion price. Should use normal price.
1. Import RTLOG
2. Error happened "Invalid Discount Promotion Component"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms