Deal Validation Check Not Working When Canceling Product
Last updated on OCTOBER 18, 2011
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For Deal B, prerequisite Deal A has been configured in Pricing Center i.e. to buy Deal B the account should have Deal A. Both deals have been purchased by the account. If one cancel Deal A a validation error will be thrown as Deal A is a prerequisite for Deal B, which is quite right. Now if one cancel the product in Deal A, it will allow to cancel the deal. At this point no validation is done. This is not correct, because Deal A contains only one product, so canceling the deal and canceling the product is quite same. When one cancel the product in Deal A, only Deal B is left for the customer which goes against the deal validation rule i.e. Deal A should be there for Deal B to exist in an account.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create product A and put it in Deal A.
2. Create product B and put it in Deal B.
3. In Deal B add Deal A as a prerequisite.
4. Create Plan A for Deal A and purchase it.
5. Purchase Deal B for the same account.
6. Try to cancel Deal A, it would not allow to cancel (deal validation should be enabled in /sys/cm/pin.conf file)
7. Cancel product A of Deal A. Cancellation occurs easily. This is not correct. Cancellation should be stopped by the system.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms