Last updated on JUNE 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 7.3.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
Checked for relevance on 05-Jun-2014
When 2 or more refund items are outstanding on a bill unit with a credit card payment type, the
pin_refund program generates 2 refund requests but combines the refund items before hand. The
refund items should remain separate as long as each refund request from pin_refund contains the
exact amount for that refund item.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
- From $PIN_HOME/apps/pin_billd, execute pin_refund as with pin_bill_day to clear out any
previous refund requests, (i.e.: pin_refund -active -pay_type 10003 -vendor fusa)
- Create an account with a valid credit card.
- Issue a $50 credit adjustment.
- Call the PCM_OP_BILL_ITEM_REFUND opcode (adjustment is transferred to new refund item A with due = -50 ).
- Issue 2 $75 credit adjustment.
- Call the PCM_OP_BILL_ITEM_REFUND opcode (for new refund item B with due=-150).
- Run pin_refund again to process the 2 refund items just created.
- Observe item_total for the two refund items are 200 and 0 respectively.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms