Opening A Case In AERS Can Take Several Minutes Depending On Number of Records in AE_SUBMISSIONS for Case
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 01, 2009
Applies to:Adverse Event Reporting System - Version: 4.6.1
This problem can occur on any platform.
AERS 126.96.36.199 :
It is taking a lot of time to open single cases in Oracle AERS for Database/Instance , which
seems to be highly dependent on on the case data for Submission Tracking content, for example:
- 12 seconds approx. for a case with 51 records in AE_SUBMISSIONS
- 2 MINUTES approx. for cases with about 600 records in AE_SUBMISSIONS
- More than 6 MINUTES for a case with over 1600 records in AE_SUBMISSIONS
Oracle trace does not seem to show bad explain plans, but there seems to be different steps
depending on case contents, and "Fetch" elapsed times appear far larger for a "heavy" case
with many records in AE_SUBMISSIONS.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Click on button "Open Case" (Ensure you select a case with a large number of records in submission tracking)
- Enter case ID in field "Open Case"
- Leave all other fields unchanged
- Click "Open"
- Case can take a long time depending on number of records in AE_SUBMISSIONS for this one case.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms