Last updated on OCTOBER 29, 2009
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 220.127.116.11.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following BRM documentation should be corrected ?
Portal Documentation · Billing Customers · Setting up and running billing
Setting business policies for billing
Applying cycle fees for Bill Now
By default, cycle fees are not included in bill created when using Bill Now. You can include cycle fees by modifying a field in the billing class /config/business_params object created during Portal installation.
You modify the /config/business_params object by using the pin_bus_params utility. For information on this utility, see pin_bus_params.
To enable cycle fees in Bill Now:
1. Use the following command to create an editable XML file for the BusParamsBilling parameter class:
pin_bus_params -r BusParamsBilling bus_params_billing.xml
This command creates the XML file named bus_params_billing.xml.out in your working directory. If you don’t want this file in your working directory, specify the full path as part of the file name.
2. Search the XML file for following line:
3. Change disabled to enabled.
Caution! Portal uses the XML in this file to overwrite the existing /config/business_params object for the billing class. If you delete or modify any other parameters in the file, these changes affect the associated aspects of Portal’s billing configuration.
4. Use the following command to load the change into the /config/business_params object:
You should execute this command from the Portal_home/sys/data/config directory, which includes support files used by the utility. To execute it from a different directory, see pin_bus_params.
5. Read the object with the testnap utility or the Object Browser to verify that all fields are correct.
See Using testnap for general instructions on using testnap. See Reading objects by using Object Browser for information on how to use Object Browser.
6. Stop and restart the Connection Manager (CM). For more information, see Starting and stopping the Portal system.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms