How to Re-Sort Activity IDs Numerically Without Leading Zeroes
(Doc ID 893663.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 25, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 6.1 and later
Primavera Contractor - Version 6.1 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 6.1 and later
- How to make Activity IDs to sort in the correct order.
- How to get Activity IDs to sort in the correct order.
- Is it possible to sort the Activity ID numerically instead of alphanumerically?
- Is it possible to sort the Activity ID numerically without adding leading zeroes?
- Activity ID's not sorting properly.
Notice how Activity ID 11 is being sorted as the second Activity when sorted by Activity ID. Activity ID sort order is wrong after import from Microsoft Project (MSP). In Project Manager, this sort is by default because the Activity ID field is alphanumeric.
To have the activities sort by numeric order, leading zeroes should be used.
You have up to 99 activities in your project that are numbered sequentially. All ID's will need at least two digits.
You have up to 999 activities in your project that are numbered sequentially. All ID"s will need at least three digits in length.
Notice how Activity ID 100 is not being sorted in the order.
Adding leading zeroes to the Activity ID's will make them all the same length, and correct the sort issue.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document