How to Reset a User's Application User Preferences if the Account Has Become Corrupted in P6 Professional or P6 Web
(Doc ID 894279.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 07, 2021
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 6.1 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 6.1 and later
Primavera Contractor - Version 6.1 and later
Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 21.5 and later
Primavera P6 Standard Project and Portfolio Management Cloud Service - Version 21.5 and later
Delete user preferences
Deleting user preferences
This document is intended to provide a set of instructions for removing a user's application user preferences if their account has corrupted for Project Management or Web Access.
It has been used to resolve numerous application issues, for example:
- AVAA or AVAA0 exceptions in layouts after upgrading from P5 to P6.
- Event Code CCVIO-2292-0; Message: Cannot change Visible in OnShow or OnHide
- Application Login Freezes at 98% for Standalone Environments.
- P6 Crashes after login.
- IPO-1129-9 'Invalid Pointer Operation' while trying to add a Baseline.
- P6 Crashes after login with error 'Exception in module PM.exe at 00231F7D. TCVirtualTable.DoCalcField: PROJWBS.node_type: Access violation at address 011A0839 in module pm.exe.Read of address 00000000'.
- Inability to save scheduling Options.
- Cannot log into Project Management because projects are being opened at the same time and login fails when projects are being opened for various reasons (for example if system out of memory error occurs due to opening too many projects and reaching memory limitation provided by the host operating system).
- Unable to modify activity details in Project Management.
- Scheduling a project results in error message: "Activity ID is too long".
- P6 Professional Hangs after loading summary data and prevents login to the application.
- End user receives "You do not have a license to run Primavera P6. Please contact your System Administrator." and the following is logged to the P6WebAccess.html log file: "Failed getting licensed products for user: XX in database: 1".
- In the P6 Professional application (also known as the P6 Optional client), all menu bars and tool bars are missing.
- "Exception ECTableNotFoundError in module PM.exe at 00318C8A.TCVirtualDBEngine.TableByName: Table not found:" When logging into P6 Professional.
- Progress Reporter window crashes without any error message and/or the toolbar and menu disappear after logging on.
- Exception EVirtualTableError in module PM.exe at 007299E4. TCVirtualTable.OptFieldIndexOf: VTable is not loaded - PROJECT
- Application Error: Exception EAccessViolation in module PM.exe at 0000000001E1C9A1. TCVirtualTable.RefreshAppend: TASKACTV: Access violation at address 000000000221C9A1 in module 'PM.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000000.
- Login to P6 Professional crashes with following error:
- Problem Event Name : APPCRASH
Application Name : PM.exe
Application Version : 126.96.36.19996
Fault Module Name : ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version : 6.1.7601.19045
- Problem Event Name : APPCRASH
- Scheduling errors out with logs.no_key error
- When attempting to login to P6 Professional via CloudConnect, the following error is received:
Exception EAccessViolation in module dbexpoda40.dll at 000000000005EE7.
Access violation at address 00000000009995EE7 in module 'dbexpoda40.dll'. Read of address 000000000000226820.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Resetting User Preferences From P6 EPPM (21.5 and Later Releases)|
|Resetting User Preferences From the Database|
|Resetting P6 Professional Client User Preferences|
|Resetting P6 Web Access User Preferences|