Activity Original Duration Changes When Calendar Is Changed And One Role Assignment Has Zero Budgeted Units Or Budget Units/Time
(Doc ID 896142.1)
Last updated on JULY 19, 2019
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 3.5 and later
Primavera Contractor - Version 4.0 and later
***Checked for relevance on 21-Jun-2011***
***Checked for relevance on 10-May-2013***
Original Duration on the activity changes when activity calendar is changed and at least one Role Assignment has zero Planned/Budgeted Units or Planned/Budget Units/Time
Steps to Duplicate:
1. Create a new activity with the following attributes:
- Activity Type: Task Dependent
- Duration Type: Fixed Duration and Units
- Calendar: Standard 5 Day Calendar
Notice the OD of 40 and a Finish date of 14-Jan-05 17:00.
2. Now change the Activity Calendar to a seven day schedule.
As expected, the OD stays at 40 and the Finish date is earlier due to the 7x24 calendar. 12-Jan-05 00:00
3. Change the calendar back to 5 Day Workweek.
Notice we are back to where we started in Step 1. No change in OD so far. Just the Finish date has changed with the change in calendars.
4. Add a second Role assignment with Units and Units/Time =0, but OD and RD = 40.
The Dates and Durations at the Activity level are unchanged.
5. Change the calendar back to 7x24.
Notice, instead of the Finish Date being earlier, the Original Duration increased by 65 hours to compensate for the change in Calendars. In this case, the Original Duration will change instead of the Finish Date with a change in Calendars, as long as there is a Role Assignment with Original Duration and Remaining Duration > 0 and Budgeted Units, Budgeted Units/Time Remaining Units, Remaining Units/Time = 0.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document