How to Manually Run Background Jobs for a P6 Database
Last updated on JULY 25, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 6.0 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 18.104.22.168 to 22.214.171.124 [Release 8.3]
The intent of this document is to provide a set of instructions to manually run background jobs for the P6 Database.
- SYMON (System Monitor): responsible for running procedures that take less than a few seconds to complete.
- The procedures run by SYMON perform the following tasks:
- Processing of Project Security updates.
- Logically deleting expired USESSION records.
- DAMON (Data Monitor): responsible for running procedures that take longer than a few seconds to complete.
- The procedures run by DAMON perform the following tasks:
- Cleaning up the BGPLOG table containing the background logs.
- Cleaning up the REFRDEL table.
- Cleaning up the PRMQUEUE table.
- Physically cleaning up remaining USESSION records.
- Cleaning up logically deleted records.
- Cleaning up the PRMAUDIT table.
- Cleaning up the USESSION audit table (USESSAUD).
- Running release-specific data clean up.
- Additionally the functionality of the DAMON process can be dynamically extended via the user-defined procedure, USER_DEFINED_BACKGROUND.
One reason to run the background jobs manually could be clear a user session for a user who cannot login (DAMON cleans up USESSION).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms