Last updated on JANUARY 06, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 6.0 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 6.0 and later
The Data Monitor (DAMON) and System Monitor (SYMON) jobs are designed to run jobs at specific intervals and days. These intervals can vary between product versions, it is best to reference the appropriate documentation for your specific version and database type (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle). The goal of this solution is to provide examples and instruction for updating (changing) the run times for these database background jobs.
Note: In versions PRIOR to the 8.x versions, the data_monitor process ran every 5 minutes on a daily basis. In the 8.x versions, it is only scheduled to run on a weekly basis.
If using P6 r8.x:
- For version 8.1, reference the appropriate Administrator's Guide for your database.
- For version 8.2, reference the Installing and Configuring P6 EPPM manual.
- For version 8.3, reference the Installing and Configuring P6 EPPM manual.
- For version 8.4, reference the Installing and Configuring P6 EPPM manual.
- P6 v7 physical media, see \P6_70_Documentation\<language>\Product Manuals\adminguide.pdf
- Oracle Technology Network: Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (v7.0) Online Documentation Library - Administrator's Guide
- P6 v6.x physical media, see \Documentation\<language>\Construction and Engineering\adminguide.pdf
- P6 v6.x physical media, see \Documentation\<language>\Public and A&D\adminguide.pdf
- P6 v6.x physical media, see \Documentation\<language>\Power, Energy, and Process\adminguide.pdf
- Background Processes and Clean Up in P6
- Configuring the RDBMS Scheduler
- Settings Table
- Reading and Writing Setting Values
- Tracking Background Job Execution
- SYMON (System Monitor)
- DAMON (Data Monitor)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms