Last updated on JUNE 22, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 18.104.22.168.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 10-Aug-2011***
After doing event adjustment to a CF (cycle forward) event, a credit card account has a credit in balance so a refund can be issued. This refund became part of the refund batch during pin_refund. When this credit card has an issue, during billing the account will have a balance and this refund will cause pin_refund to fail because of policy code checking for this condition in fm_pymt_pol_collect. This issue cause the whole batch of refund fails.
The log file has:
D Sun Sep 27 02:00:09 2009 kalel cm:11221 fm_pymt_pol_collect.c:158 1:kalel:pin_refund:11205:-150152304:113:1248813704:4
op_pymt_pol_collect input flist
# number of field entries allocated 20, used 11
0 PIN_FLD_POID POID  0.0.0.1 /account 101487 0
0 PIN_FLD_COMMAND ENUM  6
0 PIN_FLD_PAY_TYPE ENUM  10003
0 PIN_FLD_CURRENCY INT  840
0 PIN_FLD_DESCR STR  "No credit available"
0 PIN_FLD_AMOUNT DECIMAL  5
0 PIN_FLD_TRANS_ID STR  "T1,4,0"
0 PIN_FLD_BILLINFO_OBJ POID  0.0.0.1 /billinfo 99951 12
0 PIN_FLD_PROGRAM_NAME STR  "pin_refund"
0 PIN_FLD_PAYMENT SUBSTRUCT  NULL substruct ptr
0 PIN_FLD_RESULT ENUM  13
E Sun Sep 27 02:00:09 2009 kalel cm:11221 fm_pymt_pol_collect.c:344
<field num=PIN_FLD_RESULT:3,50 recid=0 reserved=13 reserved2=0 time(sec:usec)=0:0>
<facility=0 msg_id=0 version=0>
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1) Create credit card account with normal monthly plan on 07/23/2009 (example $50/month).
2) Move time to 08/23/2009.
3) Bill customer as normal, let answer_s pay off the bill.
4) Move time to 09/22/2009.
5) Do an event adjustment of $10.
6) Refund the adjustment of $10.
7) Set credit card to fail for next billing.
8) Move PVT (pin_virtual_time) to 09/23/2009.
9) Run billing - this time Credit Card will fail.
10) When pin_refund runs it will error out batch because customer now owes money.
11) Set answer to return success, restart answer, dm_fusa.
12) Move PVT to 10/23/2009, run pin_bill_day, pin_refund fail with the same error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms