Behavior Difference Between 7.2.1 And 7.3.1 In Device Creation
Last updated on JULY 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Solaris on SPARC (32-bit)
Sun Solaris SPARC (32-bit)
After upgrading Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management(BRM), from 7.2.1 to 7.3.1 it is observed that the device creation is behaving differently in 7.3.1 compared to 7.2.1.
In device create during ESN creation pre-provisioning is taking place which is not expected.
Sequence is as follows:
1. Call PCM_OP_DEVICE_CREATE.
2. device state is set from 0 (New) to 1(available).
4. /event/device/state is created.
5. event notification calls 4016 (PCM_OP_TELCO_PROV_CREATE_SVC_ORDER).
6. This opcode is suppose to ignore the state change as part of device create and not create a provisioning event assuming it is pre-provisioning.
Steps To Reproduce:-
Create a device in 7.2.1and 7.3.1.
In 7.2.1 in 'fm_tcf_prov_create_svc_order.c', cm.pinlog log the below message :
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms