Clicking On The Browse Button For Load And Attach Document Causes AERS To Freeze
Last updated on OCTOBER 31, 2014
Applies to:Adverse Event Reporting System - Version 4.6.1 to 4.6.2 [Release 4.6.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 02-MAR-2011***
***Checked for relevance on 31-Oct-2014***
***Checked for relevance on 07-Aug-2012***
AERS 4.6.1 (Also applies to AERS 4.6.2)
Frequently, when users click on the load and attach Browse files button in AERS the application completely freezes and must be killed and restarted.
This issue is ONLY happening in JRE (Sun Java Plugin) environments, not with JInitiator.
Most clients are running with Sun JRE 1.6_12, but the issue is reproducing with JRE 1.6_14, JRE 1.6_15 and the latest version JRE 1.6_16.
Steps To Reproduce:
- Launch Oracle AERS using Sun JRE Plugin on client for one of the versions mentioned above.
- Navigate to:
- New Case
- Create and save a new case
- Alternatively open any existing case
- Click on load and attach document
- Select a portal folder
- Click on the Browse files button
- Normal behavior is for the file browser to open, but often it freezes on the first click
- Alternatively selecting [Cancel] and repeating selection will cause the freeze
Using Sun JRE Plugin rather than JInitiator with AERS 4.6.1 or AERS 4.6.2
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms