Cycle Forward Discount Event Does Not Retrieve Balance Group Value In Subscription Level
(Doc ID 945102.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 30, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Goal is to find why Cycle forward discount event does not retrieve subscription level balance group value.
1) Price plan and Discount Configuration in brief is:
- Through a product, assign some value say 10000 to a non currency resource (NCR) 1000095.
- Configure a discount with drum expression as bal(1000095) and base expression StepQ+1 and the balance impact is 30% discount on currency resource 840 and NCR 1000095
- Discount is associated to two events i.e., cycle forward event and billing time discount event.
2) Created account with above plan on 7th with DOM as 8th..
3) Check the discount trace. For cycle forward event the DRUM expression value shows as zero for NCR.
In discount trace BAL(1000105) = 1000 (can be a different value, but exact value depends on the proration setting of the product)
BAL(1000105) = 0, hence the discount calculation is happening as StepQ+1= 0+1 = 1 and it is applying -30% on it = -0.3.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document