Exception Step does not Send Email even if "Send as email as well" Option is Selected
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Demantra Advanced Forecasting and Demand Modeling - Version 7.3.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
On 7.3 in Production:
Find that an email notification is not sent to the user selected in an exception step even though
the exception condition is satisfied and the "Send as email as well" option is checked.
Expect the email notification to be sent to the user when the exception step is executed in the
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a workflow with an exception step.
2. Confirm that the worksheet selected in the exception step has a valid exception
3. Select the "Send as email as well" option.
4. Select user dm
5. Execute the workflow
6. Log into collaborator workbench as dm user as see that the task has been created for the user
by the execution of the exception step.
7. See that the email notification is not sent to the user.
8. We also confirmed the following settings in the Business Modeler.
a. mail.server parameter was set to the correct SMTP mail server (Business Modeler --> System Parameters --> Application Server --> Collaborator --> mail.server).
b. The user has a valid email address (Business Modeler --> Security --> Create/Modify User --> select user --> E-Mail Address
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms