Fixed Lot Multiplier Not Honored By ECC Constrained Ascp Plan
(Doc ID 947399.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 19, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Supply Chain Planning - Version 10.7 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
FORM:MSCFNSCW.FMB - Planner Workbench
On 12.1.1 in Test:
Users run an ECC constrained plan and they are testing Fixed Lot Multiplier. However it does not seem to be working and is not planning supply appropriately. This is best illustrated by example:
Item = A is assigned to the 001 organization with Fixed Lot Multipler (FLM) = 20 and Fixed Days Supply (FDS) = 7. Users created more demand than supply and collected the data. They then ran the ECC constrained plan. However the supply orders are showing up with quantities like 4, 136, 6, 138, etc.,... which are not multiples of 20. This seems to be occurring for every item for the customer regardless if it's a make or buy item.
Things we tried:
1. Running unconstrained plan does not change the results
2. Checked customer item in msc_system_items for org_id = 452 and the FLM shows up as expected with 20
3. Set profile MSC: Split Planned Orders for Scheduling Flexibility = No (Was yes) and reran the plan. Problem still occurs
4. Customer states ASL supplier does not have FLM assigned
Expect ASCP ECC constrained plan to honor FLM
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create item with FLM = 20
2. Create more demand than supply for the item
3. Collect data and run ECC/EDD or unconstrained plan - FLM is not honored
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document