Last updated on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 7.3.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
**Checked for relevance on 03-Sep-2012***
A deal consists of product and discount. After deal is cancelled, the product is shown as "Cancelled" on Customer Center but discount is still shown as "Active". Discount proration is configured as FULLDISCOUNT.
Steps To Reproduce
1) On 10th Aug 10:00 AM create an account with backdate as 10th Aug 01:00 AM. Here the BDOM of the account is 10th Sep.
2) On 10th Aug 10:00 AM purchase a deal using PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_PURCHASE_DEAL opcode with backdate as 10th Aug 01:00 AM (the deal contains one product & one discount).
3) Move the PVT(pin_virtual_time) to 11th Aug 02:00AM.
4) Execute pin_cycle_fees with parameters -purchase & -cycle_fees.
5) Move the PVT to 11th Aug 08:00AM and execute pin_bill_day.
6) Move the PVT to 11th Aug 22:00PM.
7) Cancel the above deal with backdate as 11th Aug 01:00AM using PCM_OP_SUBSCRIPTION_CANCEL_DEAL opcode.
8) In customer center under plans tab the product associated with the above deal will be shown as canceled but the discount will still be seen as ACTIVE.
9) Move PVT to 10th Sep 02:00AM and execute the pin_cycle_fees.
10) Move the PVT to 10th Sep 08:00AM and execute the pin_bill_day, still the discount status is ACTIVE in the customer center.
Note: This problem does not occur when cancellation of the deal happens on the billing day i.e. on 10th Sep in this example.
In the above case the environment is configured with short cycle billing and the billing_delay is set to 8Hrs, but the issue is present regardless of this configuration.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms