Overprinting Of Pages In Graphic Layouts With Repeating Question Groups
Last updated on JULY 20, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Clinical Remote Data Capture Option - Version: 4.5.1
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 4.5.1 or 4.5.3 upon generating graphic PDF reports, after the first few pages, the images are overlapping. For example, page 6 is displayed on top of page 5. This seems to occur when using a large repeating question group within a DCM.
1. Create a DCM called 'OVERLAP.
2. Add a Question Group to this DCM which contains the following questions (increased original question lengths to the following) :
Name Data Type Length
------------ ---------- -------
MEDICATION CHAR 30
DATE_STARTED DATE 8
DATE_STOPPED DATE 8
USO CHAR 30
3. Make this a Repeating Question Group (max Repeats Expected = 200 / Reps To Display =12).
4. Prompt Position = ABOVE.
5. Special > Graphic Layout > Generate Default From Scratch > 'Attributes For DCM Graphic Layout Generation' screen appears displaying the following :
UOM : POINTS
FTL : OC_A4_P
Block Width : 487.0
Std/Max Allowed Height : 590.0
First Block Height : 103.0
Checkbox shape : SQUARE
Checkbox size : 10
Generate the layout.
6. Special > Graphic Layout > Edit ; here you will see fifteen blocks which contain the repeats. Also note that each repeat of the questions appear on two lines
7. Now label each block with a text string, for example, block 1 = p1 , block 2 = p2, etc > save the changes.
8. File > Print Preview : pdf appears in a browser window. Note that the PDF only contains 13 pages.
9. Scrolling through each page you would observe the following:
Page 1 of 13 will show the ‘P1' label that was added in step 7
Page 2 of 13 will show the ‘P2' label that was added in step 7
Page 3 of 13 will show the ‘P3' label that was added in step 7
Page 4 of 13 will show the ‘P4' label that was added in step 7
These are as expected.
Page 5 of 13 shows the 'P5' and ‘P6' label indicating that these two pages overlap each other.
Page 13 of 13 shows the 'P14' and ‘P15' labels indicating that these two pages overlap each other.
The overlaps will explain why 13 pages appear in the PDF and not 15 pages. A total of 182 repeats are displayed when there should be 200. The 18 missing repeats can be accounted for as follows :
The P5/P6 overlap loses 15 repeats (Each Page/block contains 15 repeats).
The p14/p15 overlap loses 3 repeats (since block fifteen contains 3 repeats).
This problem happens consistently on page four of A4 in landscape orientation, and on page six of A4 in portrait orientation. It also affects PDR, which uses the same stylesheet to create the Reports xml from an FL xml as does pdf generation.
This means it will affect any 4-page A4 landscape form, such as a log, concommitant medications, or an AE form.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms