Issue With Rollover Feature
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management - Version: 188.8.131.52.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unused resources from previous two cycles are rolled over instead of only from last cycle.
Below is a detailed Scenario which explains the issue:
1) Create a product with monthly cycle forward event,granting 500 non-currency resource monthly ( scaled amount = -500). Set the Relative Cycle Offset to 1.
2) Create another product with "Monthly Cycle Rollover" event with below Rollover configuration:
- Purchase Mid-cycle proration : Rollover entire amount or prorate rollover amount
- Maximum number of rollovers cycles : 1
- Maximum Rollover Amount per cycle and total : 2000
3) Create two different deals. one that contains the product with the monthly cycle forward event. one with the product with the monthly cycle rollover event
4) Purchase the deal with the "monthly cycle forward" event (Say Aug 1). There will be 500 minutes for the month of August-September.
5) Bill on September 1. We will see there will be 500 minutes for the month of September-October.
6) Bill on October 1. We will see there will be 500 minutes for the month of October-November.
7) Purchase the deal with the "monthly cycle rollover" event (say October 10).
8) Bill on November 1. We will see there will be 500 minutes for the month of November-December, 500 will be rolled over from the September-October period, 500 will be rolled over from the October-November period.
The correct result is that only the 500 minutes from the October-November period are rolled over and NOT also the 500 minutes from the September-October.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms