Microsoft Project (MSP) XML Files will not Import into P6
Last updated on NOVEMBER 06, 2017
Applies to:Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management - Version 6.2 and later
Primavera P6 Professional Project Management - Version 6.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Microsoft Project (MSP) XML files will not import into P6.
- Importing XML causes validation errors with Resource Names.
- Error: "SEVERE: cvc-maxLength-valid: Value 'Senior Applications Developer' with length = '29' is not facet-valid with respect to maxLength '20' for type '#AnonType_IdResourceType'," when importing a MSP XML file into P6.
- Error: SEVERE: cvc-maxLength-valid: Value '<Name of File>.xml' with length = '32' is not facet-valid with respect to maxLength '20' for type '#AnonType_IdProjectType'.
SEVERE: cvc-type.3.1.3: The value '<Name of File>.xml' of element 'Id' is not valid
- Error: SEVERE: Premature end of file.
- Error: SEVERE: Unable to invoke setCode on business object WBS. Field "Code" in WBS may not be of zero length
- SEVERE: Content is not allowed in prolog.
- AVAA0-3240-1 Access violation at address 00427C47 in module 'PM.exe'. Read of address 00000000
- WBS Name may not be blank.
- If <Calendar> or <Resource> attributes have NULL or missing <Name> </Name> the following error is seen in the XML export logs: SEVERE: Resource (11): Id must not be null or empty. com.primavera.integration.client.xml.xmlimporter.XMLImporterException: Resource (11): Id must not be null or empty.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms