Proport does not Recalculate Proportions Correctly Even Though the Combination has 0 for all of History, quantity_form, and no Previous Forecast Values after 2007
(Doc ID 976892.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 04, 2012
Applies to:Oracle Demantra Demand Management - Version 7.0.2 to 7.0.2 [Release 7]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 7.0.2 version, DM-Gen
Find that proport does not recalculate the proportions correctly even though the combination has 0 for all of history (quantity_form) and no previous forecast values after 2007.
Expect proport to calculate correct values for glob_prop and p1 through p12 columns for the combinations.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Customer has three locations
Let's A, B and C
2. Demand has been nulled out (quantity_form values) for ALL of history for A and C.
3. Forecast values have been nulled out after 2007 for A and C.
4. hist_glob_prop is set to 12 weeks.
5. When the user enters a forecast override for an item, they want the forecast split to only location B not to A and C.
6. However, after nulling out history and forecast and executing proport they are seeing that locations A and C received P1 through P12 values and GLOB_PROP value even though they don't have any demand for all History and they don't have any previous forecast values before 2007.
7. Hence when they enter an override for an item, the forecast value is proportioned down to A and C in addition to B.
8. As a workaround, they have manually updated the GLOB_PROP and P1 thru P12 values for locations A and C so that only B get the forecast proportioned value.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!