Changing Unit Of Measure (UOM) From EA to LB Gives Conversion Error
Last updated on AUGUST 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 12.0.10 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance 03-April-2013***
When creating an item and Item Supplier Dimensions for package type = EACH and user changes the Selling Unit Of Measure (UOM ) from EACH to LB, the following error occurs:
Steps To Reproduce:
1. From Items create a new item, click on supplier.
2. Add supplier and select Supplier Origin Country.
3. Fill in the supplier cost information and select EACH from the package Type, enter the Gross Weight, Tare Type, Tare Weight, Net Weight then Click OK + Repeat.
4. Click OK to Exit screen.
5. Go back to main screen, and select Retail by Zone.
6. Change the default Selling UOM to LB, as soon as you leave the field the following error message displays.
"The conversion from EA to LB could not be performed because the necessary dimensions have not been defined."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms