Duplicate Records Created In PRICE_HIST Table, When The Same Item Is Deleted And Created Again (RMS Version 13.0.X)
Last updated on JANUARY 18, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Retail Merchandising System - Version 13.0.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 29-Jul-2014
In version 13 of Retail Merchandising System (RMS), when a child item is deleted and later re-added (with the same item_id), PRICE_HIST table records duplicate entries for the child item with TRAN_TYPE of '0'. This results in Retail Price Management (RPM) batch failing.
Steps to recreate :
1. Create an item.
2. Create two child items for the item.
3. Assign two stores to the item.
4. Check the item_master table. The items are in 'A' status. Check the PRICE_HIST table.
5. Three records are created for each of the items - all with tran_type '0'.
6. Go to ITEM MASTER screen and delete one of the child items.
7. Run the DLYPRG batch. The item is deleted from the item_master table.
8. Check the PRICE_HIST table. Three more records are created for item which was deleted. This time, the tran_type is 99.
9. Go back to ITEM MASTER screen and create the same item (same ITEM_ID) again and add it as child item for the parent item.
10. Check PRICE_HIST table again. Three more records with TRAN_TYPE of 0 are created for the item.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms