Customer Chat Page Has Different Behavior In Firefox Than IE
Last updated on MARCH 02, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Contact Center Anywhere - Version: v8.1.3 FP3
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Customer is having an issue where when the user opens a chat in the IE window and hit enter the text is transmitted to the agent. However when they do this same procedure in Firefox the cursor jumps down to the next level.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a chat project
2. Place a call into the chat project using IE
3. Enter text into the chat window as the customer and press enter
4. The text will be passed over to the agent.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 this time using Firefox
6. Note that pressing enter in Firefox will create a new line rather then sending the text to the agent.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms