Fusion Global HR: Search Results Don't Pull Previous Last Name Even When Changing Effective Date
Last updated on NOVEMBER 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version N/A and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After performing a name change on an employee, the Search results in Person Management are not as expected. If the effective date of the search is prior to the name change and the user searches on the employee's previous name, the employee is not returned in the results. If the user searches with a prior effective date using the employee's new name, the record is returned but shows the employee's previous last name.
The search and results prior to the effective date of the change to be based on the employee's previous name and then the search and the results after the effective date of the change to be based on the employee's new name.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigator>Person Management
2. Search and select an employee record
3. On the Manage Person UI>Person Information tab, select Edit>Update in the Name and Addresses>Name region
4. Enter an effective date prior to today's date and click on OK
5. Change the employee's last name and click on OK
6. Click on Submit
7. Click on the Manage Person task again to refresh the UI and verify the change is displayed
8. Click on Cancel
9. On the Search Person UI, leave the Effective Date as today's date and enter the employee's previous name in the Keyword field and Search. Note no results are returned.
10. Change the keyword to the employee's new name and leave the effective date as today's date. The record is returned.
11. Leaving the employee's new name in the keyword field, change the effective date to a date prior to the effective date of the name change. The employee's record with their prior name is displayed
12. Change the keyword field to the employee's previous name, leave the effective date as is and search. No results found.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms