Cross Validation Rule Does Not Recognize Hierarchy Operator Is Descendent Of
(Doc ID 1543931.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 11, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Create a cross validation rule (CVR) that uses a condition filter of a single value and a validation filter with operator "is descendent of" another segment.
The rule is preventing the creation of account combinations that do not violate the rule, i.e., of account combinations that use a child value of the segment that is specified in the rule definition.
It appears the Is descendent Of operator is not working as expected.
The combinations using child values that meet the rule should be created successfully.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Define a hierarchy for the segment of interest.
2. Validate and activate the tree code.
3. Flatten the row and column for the tree code.
4. Associate the tree code to the segment definition.
5. Deploy the flexfield
6. Define the cross validation rule
7. Try to create an account combination that violates the rule and the CVR error message appears as expected.
8. Try to create an account combination that does not violate the rule and the CVR error message still appears. This is not expected.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document