Descriptive Flexfield Segment Showing Incorrect Validation Type
Last updated on JULY 12, 2013
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 188.8.131.52.0 version, Capture Transactions-Record and Edit Standard Journal Entries
User have enabled a Journal DFF ( DESCRIPTIVE FLEXFIELD ) at Journal Header. The validation type of the context sensitive segment of the DFF is 'Text Box' but the segment in the Journal Header UI is appearing as a List Item.
Segments in the DFF should be displayed as per the validation type defined in the context sensitive segment from Manage Descriptive Flexfield Task.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go To Setup and Maintenance>Manage Descriptive Flexfield Task
2. Query for Flexfield Name : Journal
3. Click on Manage Contexts and create context segments
4. Define context sensitive segments and set validation type as Text Box
5. Deploy Flexfield
6. Check in Journals UI, the context sensitive segment is displayed as List Item
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms