Automatically-assigned Review Approvers are Skipped When a Review is Completed
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 16, 2014
Applies to:Oracle TBE Performance Management Cloud Service - Version N/A to N/A [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Performance Reviews skip the approval process (i.e. "Pending Approval" Status) and are immediately placed in the following Status within the Performance Reviews Workflow.
If Approvers are assigned to a Review, and the Workflow is configured correctly, the Performance Review moves to the "Approval Pending" Status after being Completed or eSigned.
NOTE: Based on different customer configurations, Performance Reviews may move into any of the Statuses sequences below, after being Completed:
1. eSignature Pending Status ► Approval Pending Status ► Final Status
2. Approval Pending Status ► eSignature Pending Status ► Final Status
3. Approval Pending Status ► Final Status
4. eSignature Pending Status ► Final Status
5. Final Status
Note that this Problem & Solution scenario applies only to 1, 2, and 3 above, and not 4 or 5. For details related to configuring the Reviews Workflow, please see the "TBE User Guides and Help" document (Doc ID 1532446.1).
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Taleo Business Edition as a Review Manager.
2. Click the Employees Tab.
3. Search for and locate an Employee whose Performance Review is ready to be Completed or eSigned (depending on your configuration; see NOTE above).
4. Under the Performance Reviews section, locate the appropriate Review.
5. Click down-facing ▼ Action arrow for that row. Click the Complete option (or eSign option; complete the electronic signature process, if applicable).
6. Navigate to the Employee's Performance Reviews section and check the current Status of the completed Review.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms