Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User is unable to change the hire date and getting error "Cannot Change Start Date there already exists date effective row".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Hire a person on 1-JAN-20XX
2. Add phone number on 6-SEP-20XX(sysdate)
3. Terminate employe (Cancel work relationship)
4. Rehire the same person with hire date after 6-SEP-20XXsysdate)
5. Change the hire date prior to 1-JAN-20XX
6. Submit the change
7. You will get an error message "Cannot Change Start Date there already exists date effective row"
8. Hire Date change will not be saved to the system
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms