Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Opportunity Management Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Opportunity Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a new interaction from 'Activity Center' on the Edit Opportunity page, prior to clicking 'OK' to indicate you are done with the entry, the interaction is added to the list of opportunities in the Interation Search Results grid.
Even if you click 'Cancel' in the pop-up, the interaction stays on the list. If the user clicks on 'Save' or 'Save and Close' on the opportunity, the interaction is saved. It is only if they click 'Cancel' on the opportunity that the interaction is not saved.
This issue has been observed in both our KSF and DJF pods. KSF has some customizations on the interaction pop-up but DFJ does not.
Also note that after replicating this issue a few times and signing out and back into Fusion, in KSF I got an application error when I tried to replicate the issue . From then on, I consistently got the application error.
See the attached document for steps and screen shots on how to reproduce.
An application error occured. See the incident log for more information
IncideentID = 202 application SalesAPPS
This should not occur and is very confusing. The interaction should get added to the list only after the user has completed their entry and successfully clicked on the 'OK' button.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. From the Edit Opportunity page, click to expand the ‘Activity Center’ section
2. Click on the ‘Interactions’ tab
3. Click the ‘+’ icon to create an interaction
4. Click the ‘Inbound’ radio button. The interaction automatically is created and visible on the Edit Opportunity page while the interaction pop-up window is still visible and without having clicked on the ‘OK’ button.
5. When I clicked ‘Cancel’ on the pop up the interaction that was added to the interaction list did not go away.
6. If I cancelled out of the Edit Opportunity page without saving, the interaction was not saved. This is very confusing. The interaction should not be added to the interaction search results until the user has selected ‘OK’ on the pop up.
Note: After signing out and signing back in, when I clicked on the ‘Inbound’ radio button when adding the opportunity interaction, I got the application error below
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot be sure of the way interaction is created and i it is well setup as intended.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms