Create Opportunity Revenue Items issue - Attribute xxx_c in RevenueEO is required
Last updated on MAY 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion CRM Application Composer Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 1.0]
Oracle Fusion Opportunity Management - Version 184.108.40.206.0 to 220.127.116.11.0 [Release 1.0]
Oracle Fusion Opportunity Management Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Added one custom field xxx_c at revenue item which is conditionally Required.
But at Opportunity Creation page, have not added any record to revenue item
but it is throwing error for required field value.
When attempting to create new opportunity, the following error occurs.
"Attribute xxx_c in RevenueEO is required."
1. login to applications
2. go to Administration > Manage Sandboxes > create a new sandbox
3. go to Navigator > Tools > Application Composer > Application = Sales >
4. Standard Objects > OpportunityRevenue > Fields > Custom
5. create new Text type field - 'xxx'
6. Mark it as REQUIRED under Constraints section
7. save and close
8. go to Navigator > Sales > Opportunities > create new
9. on the create page, give Name = testOptyRevField
10. click on save and close
11. there is error message - "Attribute xxx_c in RevenueEO is required."
The error is not convincing. There are two things here :
1. The field was just defined. It was not even yet added to the Revenue pages
2. The REQUIRED field validation is not convincing that for a new opportunity
if we have not touched anything on revenue lines,
it should not ask for entering a required field value in it.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms