Fusion Global HR: Data Role Secured By Department Tree Is Not Working
(Doc ID 1631409.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 28, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Custom role assigned security profile by organization>Department cannot view any persons
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Setup custom role based on the Compensation Manager role
2. Create Department Trees
3. Create an Organization Security Profile-Secured by Organization Hierarchy; Tree Structure-Department hierarchy; Top Organization Selection-Specify organization; Department Tree selected; Organization selected; Included Top Organization selected
4. Create a Person Security Profile-Enabled and Access to Own Record selected. Workforce Structures: Secure by department selected and value is the organization security profile created in the previous step.
6. In Manage Data Role and Security Profiles, create a Data Role based on the custom job role with the objects set as follows:
Organization Security Profile: View All Organizations
Countries: View All Countries
Person: Select the Person Security Profile created in step 4. Secure by Department is checked.
Public Person: View All People
7. Run Send Pending LDAP Requests and Retrieve Latest LDAP Changes.
8. Assign role to a person
9. Log in as this person.
10. Navigator>Person Management.
11. Search for a person included in the department to which the user has access
No results returned.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!