How To Migrate a New Product Family
(Doc ID 1660029.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2019
Applies to:Oracle BigMachines CPQ Cloud Service - Version 2013 Winter and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The goal is to help you migrate a new Product Family from your Test Environment to your Production Environment (or Development to Test). It is always recommended to work in your Dev or Test site, then migrate your work over to Production site. Using this method, there is no need to create the new Product Family on the site that you are migrating to, as this process will create it for you.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Admin Platform page of the site that you want to migrate to the Target site. You will be 'pulling' the data from an outside site into the site you are currently in.
- Under Utilities, select "Migrations".
- A pop-up window will appear. At the prompt, type in the URL of the Source Site that you are migrating from. The best practice is migrate from Dev to Test to Production.
- Select the expansion arrow for Product Definition. With Product Definition expanded, find the Product Family name that you need to migrate over. There is a green plus next to the name, indicating that this new Product Family resides only on the Source Site. Select the Product Family to migrate.
- Repeat step 4 for the Catalog's same family. Again, it will have a green plus next to it.
- Next, you will have to add support of this new Product Family to our Catalog Definition. Go to Admin Homepage-> Catalog Definition-> Product Families (List). If your new Product Family is not there, Select [Add] to manually add the Product Family. On this new page, you should be able to see your new Product Family's name. Add it. Go back to Migration Center after the support is added.
- Now that your site is supporting the new Product Family, you can resume with migrating the Configuration of the Family.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document